Dr. Harpreet Singh (M.D.S in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics)
Name: Dr. Harpreet Singh
Date Of Birth: 31.03.1980
Address: #4, Mohindra complex, Kheri road,
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. B.D.S (1997-2002)
Govt. Dental College and Hospital, Patiala.
2. M.D.S in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics (2003-2006)
Govt. Dental College and Hospital, Nagpur.
Currently working as a Professor in Deptt. Of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Gian Sagar Dental College, Patiala, India.
Specialty oriented clinical practice in “Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics” under the name of “Gentle Dental Care”, Patiala since last ten years.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVMENTS AND SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES:
- PATENT HOLDER of “A communication system between dentist and patients” provided by Intellectual Property Department, govt. of India New Delhi; Patent no. 234291
- Author of text books: ‘
- ‘Essentials of Preclinical Conservative Dentistry’ by Wolters Kluwer Health Publisher, September 2013
b. Innovative management of anxious dental patients’. Lambart academic publishing, Germany.
- Key opinion leader for Endodontic Range of ‘Coltene’ (India)
- Life member
- Indian Association of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Indian Endodontic Society
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Endodontic Society year 2016
- Formal training received on use of ‘Dental Operating Microscope’ (Global Microscope) in 2010
- Advanced training received on use of ‘Dental Operating Microscope’ in surgical Endodntics (Global Microscope) in 2012 from Dr. Jeffrey M Coil of University of British Columbia
- Training on ‘Advanced Endodontics’ by Dr. Phillip Guettier , 2010
- Formal training on placement of ‘Dental Implants’ by Nobel Biocare.
- Specialized training received on placement of ‘Direct Composite Laminates’, World institute of dental esthetics, USA” .
- Eight Gold medals and six silver medals for holding first and second position in various subjects during under-graduation
- Participation in ‘Key opinion leader meet-Endodontics, on 5th October 2012, Mumbai, headed by Dr. Barbara Mueller (Germany)
- Editorial experience
- Served as Associate editor of “Indian journal of dentistry” (Pubmed) for 5 years (2010-2015)
- Associate editor of “International Journal of advances in Dental Science and Research”
- Editorial board member of International journal “Research & Review: Journal of Dental sciences”
- Editorial board member of International journal “Journal of Dental & Oral health”
- Review board member of various journals such as:
Iranian Endodontic Journal
African Journal of Biotechnology
Dental, Oral and Craniofacial research
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy
Journal of Dental health, oral disorders and therapy
Journal of Oral Health and Dental Management
Journal of Dental Research and Review
- BEST PAPER AWARDS
1. Best paper award for “Unveiling the mysteries of endodontic diagnosis:
an in vivo study” at Fifth All India PG Student Convention FODI,IES in
Kanyakumari; 25-27 June, 2004.
2. Best paper award for “Multidisciplinary treatment modality: a success
oracle” at Sixth All India PG Student Convention FODI,IES in Chennai;
25-26 June, 2005
X. GUEST SPEAKER
- One day workshop organized by Indian Dental association, Sangrur branch.
- Full day workshop conducted on ‘Simply natural restorations’ and ‘Better, safer and faster RCT’ in Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh) on 20.11.11
- Guest speaker in ‘51st Punjab state & regional dental conference’; 3-4 December 2011; for ‘Direct Composite Laminates-Science & Technique’
- Guest speaker in CDE Programme on “The Journey from “Brown smile” to “Bright smile’ on 5.01.2012 at VSPM Dental College, Nagpur
- Pre-conference course conducted in ‘Endomeet 2012’ on ‘post & core’ in Nagpur on 24th February 2012.
- Conducted a full day workshop on ‘Advanced endodontics’ and ‘Pre-fabricated fibre post-core’ in Panipat on 8 April 2012.
- Conducted a full day workshop on ‘Predictable endodontics’ and ‘post-core’ in Odisha in association with IDA Odisha on 15 April 2012.
- Guest speaker at 13th IACDE National PG Convention of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics on 21 April 2012 on “ Rotary Endodontics Revisited”.
- Conducted 2 days workshop on ‘Microdentistry and Endodontics’ on 14 , 15 July 2012 at Meera Hospital, Jaipur
- Conducted a CDE programme on “ Recent concepts in Endodontics & Post-core”, organized by IDA Karnal, on 19 august 2012.
- Conducted one day workshop on “Modern endodontics: Let’s get started” in association with DGN Medident, Gurgaon; live patient demonstration given April 2012.
- Conducted a full day workshop on ‘Predictable Endodontics’ followed by Hands-on course in DAV Dental College (IDA), Yamunanagar in October 2012.
- Conducted a pre-conference course on “Rotary Endodontics-Revisited” in Rajasthan State Dental Conference (IDA), 14 Dec 2012, Udaipur .
- Guest speaker at in Rajasthan State Dental Conference (IDA), 15 Dec 2012, Udaipur on “ Modern Endodontics”
- Guest Speaker on 'Flexible Endodontics : The Path to Perfection' conducted by IDA Jodhpur on 16 th June 2013
- Guest Speaker on Post and Core : Let’s lay the foundation conducted by Indian Dental Education Forum in Patna on 15 September 2013.
- Guest Speaker on ‘Endodontics in a controlled way : are you ready for it’ conducted by IDA Bathinda on 20th October 2013
- Guest Speaker on Post and Core : Let’s lay the foundation conducted by Ajmer Dentists Club in Ajmer on 26 Jan 2014.
- Guest Speaker on ‘Endodontics in a controlled way : are you ready for it’ and ‘Post and Core : Let’s lay the foundation’ in Haldwani on Feb 9, 2014
- Guest Speaker on “Endodontics and allied: A one step ahead”, conducted by IDA, Fatehgarh Sahib, in Rajpura on 13 April 2014
- Guest Speaker on ‘Endodontic Mishaps: Let them not happen’ conducted by IDA, Barnala on December 21, 2014
- Guest speaker on ‘Contemporary Endodontics and Post &Core’ at Gurgaon on April 26, 2015
- Guest speaker on ‘Contemporary Endodontics and Post &Core’ at New Delhi on May 31, 2015
- Conducted a Pre-conference course on ‘Addressing Endodontic Challenges: Sway through thin lanes, ahead of the curves’ at16 th IACDE & IES PG Convention in ITS Dental College Ghaziabad on June 4, 2015
- Guest speaker on ‘Contemporary Endodontics and Post &Core’ on June 28, 2015 organized by IDA North-west Delhi Branch at Maharaja Aggrasen Hospital, New Delhi
- Guest speaker on ‘Daily Endodontic trouble shootings’ on July 19, 2015 organized by IDA Meerut Branch
- Guest speaker on ‘Restorative Dentistry & Endodontics: Material Science” in Mumbai, January 2016
- Guest speaker on “Rigid Endodontic isuues: Flexible Solutions” in New Delhi in March 2016
- Invited speaker at International conference being held in Egypt, April 2016.
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on ‘ Current Trends in Diagnosis and Treatment’ held in Jammu on April 3 , 2016
- Conducted a workshop on ‘Advanced Endodontics’ in Patiala on April 11, 2016
- Conducted 2 days workshop in Nepal on ‘Next Gen NiTi Endodontics’ on 15-16 April 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on ‘Ready to combat Endodontic challenges? Get Set Go…’ organized by IDA Agra on April 17, 2016
- Invited speaker in the program ‘Meet the Author’, organized by Sharad Pawar Dental College, Wardha, Maharahtra, as a part of their Silver jubilee celebrations on April 20, 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on ‘Post Endodontic Restorations’ organized by IDA Loni and Rural Dental College, Loni (Maharashtra) on April 21, 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on Combating Endodontic Issues: Get, Set, Go…’ organized by IDA Allahabad at Allahabad on 1 May 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on Combating Endodontic Issues’ organized by IDA Panipat at Panipat on 8 May 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on’ Combating Endodontic Issues’ organized by IDA Dehradun at Dehradun on 15 May 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on Combating Endodontic Issues’ at Uttarakhand Dental and Medical Research Institute on 25 May 2016
- Invited speaker at CDE Program on ‘Predictable Rotary Endodontics: the art and science’ organized by IDA Jaipur at Jaipur on 19 June 2016
- Guest speaker at Espernza 2016 held at Chandigarh on 26 june 2016 on the topic ‘From Patch Smile to Premium smile’
XI. PAPER PRESENTATIONS
1. “Unveiling the mysteries of endodontic diagnosis:an in vivo study” at Fifth All India PG Student Convention FODI,IES in Kanyakumari; 25-27 June, 2004
2. “Multidisciplinary treatment modality: a success oracle” at Sixth All India PG Student Convention FODI, IES in Chennai; 25-26 June, 2005
3. Paper presentation in International Conference of endodontics in Malyasia: “Effect of perceived control in management of anxious patients undergoing endodontic therapy”.2006
4. Paper presentation on ‘Direct Composite Laminates’ in Indian Academy of Aesthetic & Cosmetic Dentistry Conference, 2007, Pune.
5. Paper presented in 23rd FODI & 16th IES National Conference held in Chandigarh, 21-23 Nov, 2008 “Direct Composite Laminates”
6. Paper presented in 26th FODI & 19th IES National Conference held in New Delhi, 11-13 Nov, 2011 entitled “Fighting an old endodontic enemy: a new Activ approach.
7. Poster: Soft tissue airway dimensions in different skeletal patterns in EOS National conference, Spain, June 2012
8. Paper: Combating enterococcus feacalis: Activ way or Combi way in International conference ‘Roots 2014’ in Mahabalipuram, 7-9 November 2014.
9. Conducted a Pre-conference course on ‘Addressing Endodontic Challenges: Sway through thin lanes, ahead of the curves’ at16 th IACDE & IES PG Convention in ITS Dental College Ghaziabad on June 4, 2015.
10. Paper presented at 30th IACDE and 16th IES National Conference 2015 at Amritsar
- A communication system between dentist and patient. Patent no. 234291 granted on 18.05.2009; Indian patent journal: Journal no. 25/2009
- “Direct Composite Laminates: follow your dreams” .Indian J Dent 2010; 1(1):19-22.
- A comparison of antibacterial efficacy of “Activ Points” and 2% chlorhexidine solution against enterococcus faecalis - an in vitro study. Indian J Dent 2010; 1(2) :49-54
- The contemporary challenge in orthodontics: are we ready? Indian J Dent 2010; 1(2) :65-70
- Dental anomalies, various arch forms and different malocclusions- is there a correlation? Indian J Dent 2010; 1(3) :91-97
- Soft tissue airway dimensions in different skeletal patterns: A cephalometric comparative study. Indian J Dent 2010; 1(4) :135-139
- Evaluation of substantivity of Chlorhexidine to human dentin and its application in adhesive dentistry: an in vitro analysis. Indian J Dent 2011;2(2): 8-10
- Teething superstitions, voodoos, old wives' tales, omen…? Indian J Dent 2011;2(3):88-90
- Effect of ‘Perceived control’ in management of anxious patients undergoing endodontic therapy by use of an electronic communication system. J Conserv Dent 2012;15:51-55
- Role of different concentrations of chlorhexidine in enhancing the bond strength of etch and rinse dentin bonds. Indian Journal of Dental Sciences 2012;2(4): 19-21
- Hyflex CM- The ‘Controlled Memory’ files giving control to success. Case reports of Radix Entomolaris. Voice of Aditi. 2012; 5:30-31.
- Soft tissue airway dimensions in different skeletal patterns. Eur J Orthod 2012, 34(5):e159-e3160 PMID 23015616
- Text book ‘Innovative management of anxious dental patients’. 2012. Lambart academic publishing, Germany. ISBN 978-3-659-20211-7
- The smile arc – Are we looking for this? Indian J Dent 2013; 4(1) :38-40
- Perception of pain and discomfort from three types of orthodontic separators. Ind Journ of Dent Sciences 2013; 4(5): 9-11
- Author of Text book ‘Essentials of Preclinical Conservative Dentistry’ by Wolters Kluwer Health Publisher, September 2013
- Qualitative and Quantitative Comparative Evaluation of Sealing Ability of Guttaflow, Thermoplasticized Gutta Percha and Lateral Compaction for Root Canal Obturation: A Cohort, Controlled, Ex-Vivo Study. Oral Health Dent Manag 2013; 12 (3): 155-61
- Chapter on direct filling gold in text book ‘ Text book of Operative Dentistry’ Paras Publishers, 2014
- A Comparative Evaluation of Antibacterial Efficacy of ‘Activ Points’ And ‘Combi Points’ as Intra-Canal Medicaments Against Enterococcus faecalis: An Ex Vivo Study. Oral Health Dent Manag 2014;13(3): 610-613
- Oral Hygiene Practices and Dentition Status of Public Transport Workers of India- A Cross-sectional Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014 Sep, Vol-8(9):33-36
- Biodentin: A promising dentin substitute. J Interdiscipl Med Dent Sci 2014; 2:5
- Evaluation of three different concentrations of chlorhexidine for their substantivity to human dentin. Indian J Dent. 2014; 5(4): 199-201
- Orthodontic treatment need in a population group of North India.BFUDJ2014;5(2): 5-12
- Bad teeth broken dreams: Restorative modalities for fractured, endodontically treated teeth. Endodontology 2014 :26(2); 323-326
- Endodontic sealers: Current concepts and comparative analysis. Dent Open J 2015; 2(1): 32-37
- Antibacterial Effect of Grape seed extract against streptococcus mutans. Asia Pacific Dental Journal 2015;2(1): 9-12
- Remembering Sir G.V. Black. . Indian J Dent. 2015; 6(3): 147-148
- A comparative evaluation of antibacterial efficacy of calcium hydroxide plus points, Activ Points and Combi Points against Enterococcus faecalis in Endodontic Therapy: An In Vitro Analysis.
J Dent Health Oral Disord Ther 2015; 2(5)
- A new era in surgical Endodontics: Microsurgical Endodontics. Archives of Dental and Medical Research 2015; 1(3): 25-34.
- Evaluation of esthetic component of index of orthodontic treatment need: the orthodontist’ perspective. Indian Journal of Dentistry 2015;6(4):181-184
- Facial Sinus Tract: A Diagnostic Dilemma For Medical & Dental
Professionals. Indian Journal of dental sciences 2015;5(7):90-92
- Magnification in Endodontics: The third eye. Research and Reviews: Journal of Dental Sciences 2016;4(2): 56-57
- E. faecalis : A star survival amongst Endodontic Pathogens. Journal of clinical research in Dentistry 2016;6(14): 59-64
XIII. AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST IN RESEARCH
- Use of Dental Operating Microscope in clinical Restorative dentistry, Endodontics and Micro-surgical Endodontics
- Management of Anxious patients reporting for dental treatment.
- Placement of ‘Direct Composite Laminates’
- Microbiological studies related to Endodontics.
- Rotary Endodontics
- Fibre post and Core systems
XIV. EXTRA- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- State level position holder in Declamation Contests.
- Winner: Mr. Medico Personality Contest 2003- Maharashtra State.
- Life member of ‘ The Patiala Club